As of ... -
Surprise! Minecraft is now at version 1.11.2!
The main purpose of this update is to fix a number of bugs, but we also took the opportunity to introduce a number of other features. Just in time for the holidays!
+ Added rocket-propelled elytra flight
+ Added Iron Nuggets
+ Added Sweeping Edge enchantment for swords
* Changed the attack indicator to hint when you should attack
The update is available in your Minecraft launcher, enjoy!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from the Minecraft Team!
Check out our new Hour of Code tutorial, designed to teach you the basics of coding in a mere 60 minutes. We introduce concepts of game design and computer science in easy-to-understand steps before giving insight into mob behavior and more.
Both the 2015 and 2016 tutorials are now available at code.org/minecraft so head over and give them a try!
New mobs and new places to put your precious items!+ Added cursed enchantments
Go to https://www.humblebundle.com/blockjam-bundle to donate! 100% goes to charity!
Our epic Blockjam is happening right now! Mojang, along with a few of our closest dev buddies are making games and streaming the development of each one. We have celebrity hosts and everything. You get to donate what you like to our awesome charity and play the games once their done. It’s a win-win for everyone!
It’s time for Minecraft 1.10!
+ Added Polar Bear
+ Added Husk and Stray
+ An auto-jump option
+ Structure blocks for custom maps
+ Underground fossils made from bone blocks
+ Added Magma Block
+ Added Nether Wart Block and Red Nether Bricks
* Improvements to some commands
* Some huge mushrooms can be even larger
* A rare chance to find lonely trees in plains
* Find abandoned mineshafts filled with gold in mesa biomes
* Villages generate better paths between the buildings
* More variations of villages, based on the biomes they are built in
* Endermen have been spotted in the Nether
* Many bug fixes
- Removed Herobrine
// The Minecraft Team